Monday, January 28, 2008

When People Leave

It's all well and good to discuss great times shared with people that you meet. However, none of us are immortal and one of these days we're all going to exit. When this does happen, it seems to me that the empty feeling left inside creates more of an impact than just about anything else.

I just recently had a friend pass on, and to imagine that the incredible amounts of great experiences we had shared together over the years are not going to happen again is an incredibly overwhelming and surreal thing to accept at the age of 23. This person was a larger than life character who was loved by all and made an impact on everyone he met. He's the type of person everybody would love to meet and be graced with his antics for an evening and without doubt it'll be a hilariously fun Time. There is a feeling inside that you can't help but think, I wish I had have made these feelings even more noticeable with our times together.

The impact we make on each other's emotions is the single biggest thing that goes through our mind at anytime. I guess in my state of emotional grievance, I can't help but think of the poignant lyrics from the flaming lips "Everyone you know someday will die, and instead of saying all of your goodbyes, let them know you realise that life goes fast and it's hard to make the good things last".

 RIP Laef.

1 comment:

Matty Milner said...

Well said
It's so tragic and I'm still in shock
RIP Laef